Throughout the early 20thcentury, Browns Plains maintained its agricultural character. Timber getting continued in the district until the 1950s and 1960s. Sand mining created a string of artificial water holes along Scrubby Creek. A post office named Brownsleigh and a store opened in 1956.
By the early 1970s, reticulated water was installed and land developers became interested in the area’s potential. The first housing estate in the area was developed by Alfred Grant. It was called Ranchwood Hill and consisted of quarter-acre blocks situated just behind the Browns Plains Hotel. At that time, the area was considered to be too remote and much of the land was sold to New Guinea investors.
The Browns Plains Tavern opened in 1976, a century after the first hotel had opened. New shops were constructed on the corner of Browns Plains Road in 1980, including a new post office. The place name reverted to Browns Plains. It was then further divided into other suburbs such as Regents Park, Hillcrest and Heritage Park.